The order of precedence for setting the default page (i.e. where does www.example.com point you to?) is-
- URL aliasing
- Web config - Key ek_DefaultPage
IIS default document
- You can't use an alias in ek_DefaultPage
- You can’t use URL parameters with ek_DefaultPage so general Page Layouts are not supported unless you set the default content.
- You can't setup the homepage via Manual Aliasing - it requires text to be entered into the alias field (though it may only be JS validation… but that’s another story)
- You CAN use regex aliasing- set Expression to "^$" (minus the quotes, this matches an empty string)
- Ektron grabs the request before IIS has a chance to resolve it, so the IIS default document setting is useless.